After updating from really old version to newest, problems have shown up

I’ve tried searching for a solution on here but I haven’t found anyone with the same problem.

We were on a really old version(not sure what that was now, but it was probably 2 years ago or slightly older) and have updated to the latest Cornerstone.

Certain pages the background are showing zoomed in and on other pages the footer shows up on the top right.
Help! Everything looks as it should in the backend but on the frontend it is screwed up.

I added an image of 4 examples. Left is backend right is frontend.

:pray:

Hey Jody,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you have modified some of the templates in your child theme. Kindly switch to the parent theme first for checking. Go to Appearance > Themes and select the Pro Theme. You might as well check out this documentation as it could be just a cache issue:

If the issue persist, please do the following:

And if nothing is helping, we would love to check your child theme by giving us your WP details. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Jody,

I checked your website it seems that it is working fine on my end, it might be an issue with the browser cache I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again. In case the issue still persists please let us know the browser and its version. I have tested it on Google Chrome version 108.0.5359.125.

Thanks

Some things are not. I can’t seem to find what is causing it to show properly on the backend but not on the front.

Hello Jody,

I checked your given page URL it seems that it is working fine on my end. I would request you please purge all the browser cache and clear the cache from the cache plugin then check it in the private mode of the browser. Please let us know the browser and its version as well.

Thanks

That one seems to be correct now but the second one in the links I sent? If you see a toe only background at the top, that’s not what is supposed to be shown and doesn’t match the preview.

Hello Jody,

I have logged in and investigated the page. I found out that the issue is caused by this empty Classic Text element.

You can delete this element and save the changes to the page.

Best Regards.

Thank you!

Ok so I’ve tried loading in a private window, clearing cache but I still have other pages with the footer on the right.
Was there something you did to fix the previous one? Not the empty Classic Text element one.

https://lineageoflightonlineschool.com/students-membership-portal/join-living-in-wonder-portal/

Hello Jody,

I made a thorough investigation of the page and I found out that you have inserted a broken HTML code:

<h3>Introduction</h3>
<p>[line class="line1"]</p>

<div class="col sqs-col-1 span-1">
<div class="sqs-block spacer-block sqs-block-spacer sized vsize-1" data-block-type="21" id="block-1a78df7aec780b842a5f">
<div class="sqs-block-content"></div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="col sqs-col-10 span-10" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1549319239367_84">
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1549061765062_8185">
<div class="sqs-block-content">
<div class="image-block-outer-wrapper layout-caption-below design-layout-inline combination-animation-none individual-animation-none individual-text-animation-none" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1549319239367_82">
<div class="intrinsic" style="max-width: 1300.0px;" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1549319239367_81"></div>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1549062365244_16984">
<p style="white-space: pre-wrap;">According to the Ancients, that which we seek, the Source of all Being, is ‘closer than breath’.   'Living In Wonder' is designed to bring our attention to the Presence of the Source in every moment of our lives.  Ancient Indigenous Wisdom offers tools of expanding awareness which touch every aspect of our lives.  It assists us in uncovering this Presence in an embodied way, and in ways that honor our unique pathways of evolution.

Moving through this 21-day process will introduce Ancient Principles to deepen and expand our perceptions.  This daily practice will strengthen your quality of attention, changing the way you see, and therefore what you experience.  You may discover, as I did, a depth of being that is transformative, and closer than breath. </p>

</div>
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-79f11c9b5db273241353">
<h3>Details <br />
<br>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block spacer-block sqs-block-spacer sized vsize-1" data-block-type="21" id="block-1a78df7aec780b842a5f">
</div>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1549061765062_8185">
<div class="image-block-outer-wrapper layout-caption-below design-layout-inline combination-animation-none individual-animation-none individual-text-animation-none" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1549319239367_82">
<div class="intrinsic" style="max-width: 1300.0px;" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1549319239367_81"></div>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1549062365244_16984">

<p style="white-space: pre-wrap;">Each day, for 21 days, you will receive a video installment of 'Living in Wonder' with Jody Mountain.  Each of these installments will contain, Ancient Principles, Teachings, and integration exercises to open new pathways of awareness and listening.   Each video is 10 to 15 minutes in length and, once received, is available to view as many times as you like.</p>

</div>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block html-block sqs-block-html" data-block-type="2" id="block-79f11c9b5db273241353">
<h3>Requirements<br />
</div>
<p>[line class="line2"]</p>
<p style="white-space: pre-wrap;">• Approximately 20 minutes of undisturbed time to view the once daily email.
• A quiet area where you can listen attentively
• A Journal to take notes if you wish
* A variety of Integration Exercises will be offered as homework in the video.  These may ask for a refined attention in your daily life, ranging from a few seconds of momentary awareness, to 20 minutes of written reflection, depending on the day.</p>

</div>
</div>
<div class="sqs-block horizontalrule-block sqs-block-horizontalrule" data-block-type="47" id="block-yui_3_17_2_1_1549000748389_17615">

<hr />

</div>
</div>
</div>
<h3>Investment</h3>

</div>
</div>
</div>
<p style="white-space: pre-wrap;">The Student Portal Discounted investment of $99 Includes 21 video lessons guiding us to the experience of  'Living In Wonder', with ongoing access.</p>
<p style="white-space: pre-wrap;"> .</p>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

This usually happens when you have copied a content from an Editing software like MS Word and paste it automatically into the builder. It needs to be broken down into a simple HTML code that displays heading, line and paragraph structure. For example:

<h3>Heading</h3>
<hr class="x-hr line1">
<p>Duis lorem leo, bibendum interdum quam et, dictum tristique velit. Aenean suscipit nec diam eget porttitor. Vivamus odio ante, vehicula quis semper sed, feugiat sed tellus. Maecenas aliquet euismod ante, ac lobortis quam varius finibus. Aliquam molestie gravida sem eget commodo. Morbi suscipit leo ut mi finibus posuere. Proin vel feugiat tellus, at varius nulla. Cras eleifend malesuada ex, sit amet tristique velit pharetra nec. Curabitur sit amet imperdiet turpis, et vestibulum nunc. Nam urna sapien, tincidunt sit amet tempus rutrum, dignissim et quam. Fusce laoreet vehicula malesuada.</p>

The code above serves as an example code. Feel free to modify it when needed. Please note that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support. You will have to maintain any custom coding to make sure that it will still work after any updates or does not create any issues or incompatibility in the future.

Best Regards.

Ok, thank you. This was done a while back and I was just confused because it functioned properly until the update was done.

You’re welcome, Jody.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.