After plugin update, images disappear until page is resaved

Randomly and not on all pages, the images set in upper and lower layers disappear. The only way to bring them back is to resave the page in the Cornerstone editor.

No plugin changes are made, but this occurs randomly on certain pages.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for writing to us.

This might be due to the version compatibility issue or cache issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you for the quick response. I have already done what you suggested per the troubleshooting steps (that brought me to finally requesting support, because I was trying to not waste your time!).

Hello Patrick,

I tried the access your site dashboard but it is not accessible through the given URL and default WordPress URL. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

updated the credentials

Hello Patrick,

I checked your site it seems that you are using an older version of the X( 7.2.3) theme and Cornerstone (4.2.3 ) plugin. It might be the issue of version compatibility issue. I would suggest you update the theme and plugin 9.1.4 & 6.1.4 X theme and Cornerstone. Please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to update the theme.

For a quick fix I would suggest you, please add this custom CSS code under Theme Option ---->CSS

.x-bg {
z-index: 1;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I did update the plugins and theme to current version and I received the message: [Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function Themeco\Theme\Theme]

Hello Patrick,

I just checked your site and I am still seeing that the site is using the old version.

See the secure note below.

It could be just cache. By the way, please have the WP credentials updated so that we can check your site settings. In the meantime, kindly check out this documentation:

Best Regards.

I re-updated the site so you can check it. Same credentials.

Hey Patrick,

The credentials still don’t work. Please check

If you have updated the site, you most probably still have caching enabled because I still see you’re using x-v7_2_3 cornerstone-v4_2_3 like what my colleague has shown previously.

I know this has been suggested previously and you said you’ve tried troubleshooting but please try doing this again, please temporarily Disable Your Cache and if you’re using a CDN, please temporarily disable it too or set it to development mode.

Thanks.

Cleared cache and requested the CDN be removed on the host end.

Hey Patrick,

Your credentials works now but viewing a page in your dev site returns an error so we can’t see the missing images.

Please give us access to your live site instead. We’ll only check if Cornerstone outputs any errors in the console. Or, provide a the page URL where the images are missing and a screenshot that shows they’re in Cornerstone. The image in your original post is showing, by the way.

Thanks.

The error is the issue now. I was told to update the X theme version and the Cornerstone version and that error is what gets thrown. The cache has been cleared and the CDN as well.

Hey Patrick,

In that case, we need to resolve that error first.

I can’t see if you’re using PHP 8. If that is the case, please downgrade to PHP 7.4 for now. If you’re already using PHP 7.4, please provide FTP access so we could check your WordPress configuration and debug log.

Thanks.

added as a secure note

Hey Patrick,

The latest version of X and Cornerstone might not be compatible with your environment. I’d suggest to finally test downgrading WordPress to 5.9. You’re currently using 6.0.

If that won’t still work, we will need to post this error in our internal issue tracker so it will be queued to be investigated by our development team.

Please keep your dev site online.

Thanks.

I have downgraded to 5.9 and still get the same error.

Hey Patrick,

This could be just a cache issue between the plugins but we’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.