After Domain Change, can't login to Pro

I began building the Pro theme on a temporary domain with my host, GoDaddy, located somewhere like [subdomain].myftpupload.com. Once I was ready to change the domain to the permanent domain (acwtempe.com), I called GoDaddy support and they walked me through changing it. I was able to log into the WordPress Dashboard and hit every page in the wp-admin area I needed to until I try to launch Pro. It wants me to re-enter my credentials but it won’t take them, nor will it return any kind of error that it failed. I think there is a residual old domain floating around somewhere but I don’t know where to look…

I thought I heard about a Find and Replace widget but didn’t find anything when I searched for that.

Any help? Thank you!

Hi There,

Install a plugin called Better Search and Replace and search for the original URL and replace with the new one.

Hope it helps

I did this and it seems there are some functions not working properly. I tried searching for http://a20.348.myftpupload.com and replaced with https://acwtempe.com, but the search errored, stated I needed to decrease the page size, so I tried to reduce it from 20000 to 10000, but it won’t save. I’m unable to launch Pro at all and can’t perform a search.

Am I looking at having to reinstall all of this?

Thank you for your reply.

This turned out to be a very specific issue with local cookies on Chrome, a cached version of the old site, and a super long replication issue on the server. Spaghetti, in other words. Its resolved now. Basically just cleared out my cookies and cache, but it still had to wait until after the name servers replicated, so it didn’t appear to be a cached issue because other browsers were still showing the same errors. Only after replication finished and i cleared the caches again did it start working.

Thanks for your help, @Joao!

Cheers,
Segnaro

You’re most welcome!