Hi, after doing Cornerstone update there are now 2 Cornerstone plugins in my admin! I don’t want to remove one just in case it breaks my website, plus there may be more to it than just doing that!
Can you let me know what to do please.
Thanks!
Hi, after doing Cornerstone update there are now 2 Cornerstone plugins in my admin! I don’t want to remove one just in case it breaks my website, plus there may be more to it than just doing that!
Can you let me know what to do please.
Thanks!
Hello There,
Thanks for writing in! Having two Cornerstone plugin after the update maybe because you have that version installed prior to the update when there was a bug that does not remove the old cornerstone. I would suggest that you deactivate the other cornerstone usually the older version and active the cornerstone with the latest version which is version 2.0.6. You can remove/delete the older cornerstone.
Please let us know how it goes.
Ok, thanks! I just wondered if there were any other files that needed to be removed too, but I’ve just deleted the old plugin and so far so good!
Thanks for your help!
Hey @core365,
You don’t need to delete any other files.
Really glad that we could be of help!
Cheers!
Hi, I spoke too soon! I can’t edit any page as Cornerstone won’t load! I’ve tried about 5 different pages to edit and Cornerstone won’t load on any of them.
Cheers
Hey @core365,
Hope you are doing great 
What error you are getting in browser console and in pages?
Can you make sure the theme and the other plugins are also updated?
Check permalink structure and update it to post name if it is set to different permalink. If the issues still persists then please provide us wp-admin login details using secure note so, we can take a closer look into it.
Regards
Hi Rahul
I’ve checked this morning and weirdly it’s all working fine without me doing anything! The theme and plugins were already updated as I made sure that was all up to date before contacting yourselves. I’ll just keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.
Thanks!
Sure, do let us know if you find anything unusual.
Cheers!