After Cornerstone and v10 X update, pages dont update or preview correctly

After updating to Cornerstone 7 and X 10 when I create a page, it looks fine in Cornerstone, however, once I preview it on the front end or publish it, all the styling and menus go very strange and very different from the page in Cornerstone.

Ive cleared the Cornerstone cache, ISP cache and CloudFlare cache, none of which helps.

Can I secure note you the link please?

Hello @wbc,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict or a cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks -details updated.

Hello Will,

I have logged in to your site and checked the mentioned. I was able to edit it and have successfully saved my changes.

• please see the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes its not just the ability to save, its that the published page looks very different from the page in Cornerstone editor (note - the version in Cornerstone is correct). The page once published also looks different from exactly the same page (copied) that has been previously published.

If you look at the saved page, the accordian doesnt work (on price table 2), the ubermenu style is much smaller, the footer styles arent displaying correctly, the FAQ accordian styles arent working.

Look at the difference between the page you publish and its original version which you can reach from the top menu.

Steps to reproduce.
View the pricing#3 page vs original pricing page from the main menu.
If you want to re-test

• Copy the original pricing page (enable the CloneMe plugin).
  • Make an edit
  • View the newly copied page on the frontend
  • You should see the difference once viewing with now broken functionality or styles not rolling through correctly.

I hope that helps to clarify.

Hey @wbc,

We’re sorry for the confusion.

There’s most probably an HTML error in your Products Section. To test that, I moved the section with accordion and section with button and they work.

Please inspect the elements in your Products Section for HTML errors. Or, you can remove elements from that section one by one until the issue is gone. That last element that you removed that fixes the issue is the one containing the HTML error.

You can move the other sections to their original place after you catch the element causing the issue.

Thanks.

Gah - I dont understand how that can happen.

That section has 1 row and three columns. I have removed all columns and it seems to be okay. Ive moved each column back and there are problems. None of the content has any custom HTML as far as I know. Cornerstone displays okay, it only seems to fail when it renders. Doesnt that indicate its a Cornerstone rendering problem rather than an HTML content error?

Struggling to get to the bottom of it.

Managed to isolate it. Something to do with Columns Inside Rows Inside Columns. There was no custom HTML in there though so think something was breaking down in Cornerstone which was showing fine in the editor but not rendering correctly live.

It would be really good to have a broken HTML check of some kind in the editor. (feature suggestion?)

Glad you’ve managed to find the issue, @wbc. I previously saw custom HTML in your tabs.

I’ll post your feedback on our internal tracker as a feature request.

Thanks.

Yeah it wasnt that addition in the accordian body that was causing it. It was something to do with nested rows and columns below that.

Thanks for your help!

Hey @wbc,

Yes, I didn’t say the Accordion was causing the issue. Moving the Accordion was to test and show that some element above it was causing the issue.

Anyway, glad this issue is now resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.