Advice on updating an X-theme site

I need some advice on updating an older site. The site is https://prescriptionswithoutpills.com .
It is using :

X-theme
7.2.3 (current 9.1.4)

X-Child Theme

PHP

Cornerstone
4.2.3 (current 6.1.4)

Wordpress

I tried updating X-theme first. That made the site not load. I restored to a backup.
I thought I would ask for some advice first before trial-and-erroring my way onward.
Thanks

Hello @johnboak,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please have a look at our version compatibility page to get the information about the theme and its required version plugins and servers.

In case you have not seen the theme update doc please have a look at it.

Please note you must have a backup of your site files and database before updating the theme and purge all the cache so that the latest code renders properly.

Thanks

HI Prakash. My question sought a best-practice sequence of steps to update. Neither of the documents you referenced makes that clear. So here is what I did. PDP update first. Then I cleared the Godaddy Managed Wordpress Cache. Checked out the site. It seemed to be performing normally. Then I updated both X-theme and Cornerstone all at once, cleared the cache, and reviewed the site. It seems to be working just fine. I would suggest that perhaps it would be reassuring if your support documents defined the best sequence of events for successful updating. Thanks for your response; I rely not only on Pro (and X) but also on your Forum Support, to keep my clients happy.

Hey @johnboak,

We’re glad that it is just working fine on your end. On my perspective on updating the website this is my sequence.

• Update PHP version to 7.4 as WordPress recommendation
  • Update WordPress core to the latest version
  • Update Themes and plugins to the latest version
  • Clear any cache associated with your website.

If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.