Advice on custom form to Pro

Hi,

currently I’m working on converting a custom-developed theme into a Pro powered website.
On one of the original pages, several inputs (radio’s, checkboxes and text-inputs) were hard-coded into a simple form. The page lives here: https://topografieindeklas.nl/jouw-boekje/.

Although I am quite comfortable with wiring my own CSS/PHP/JS code, re-building in Pro I would like to stay as close to Pro’s native capabilities and styling to prevent breaking changes in the future. I do own several premium plugins like Gravity Forms to help me do so.

Off course I am not going to ask support to provide on-the-go code for rebuilding this custom-form. But I do wonder what would be seen as best-practice to rebuild similar (looking) inputs in such a way that I incorporate as much as the default styling from Pro.

Very much looking forward to any thoughts, suggestions and best-practices. Thanks!

Hi There,

Pro does not offer anything out of the box like this form. You would need to code yourself from scratch.

Thanks for understading

Wow. That must be the least in depth response I’ve ver received from ThemeCo staff…
Not even thoughts and/or hints on the best way to accomplish? Things to consider. CSS classes to benefit from etc…

Hi there,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The thing is that Pro does not have any form related functionality out of the box. But as you mentioned there are some general styling applied to the form elements as the theme CSS code.

In my humble opinion, the best way will be to use the Gravity Forms as you already have it at hand and it is the pretty great plugin with all necessary tools you would need to have a good form.

The styling of the form will follow the Gravity Forms guidelines and it will not interfere with the Pro related CSS code. Pro adds CSS generally for the form elements, but Gravity forms add additional classes and styles them appropriately.

So by following their guidelines and keep that plugin updated you will have no problems using it in Pro in future updates.

Thank you for writing to us.

Hi Christopher,
thank you very much for your response. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thumbs up for you, nice to know that there are still amazing support engineers like yourself :smile:
Based in your suggestions I decide to take exactly the route you suggested. Here is the resulting page with the form: http://staging.topografieindeklas.nl/jouw-boekje/

Thanks again!

Glad to hear Christian managed to help.

Thanks!