Advanced Custom Fields PRO + PDF

Hi,
I’ve set up a portfolio page template where the site author can add their own content via ACF Pro. https://staging2.rdw.co.nz/portfolio-item/five-mile-queenstown-stage-2/

I’ve also added a File field so that they can upload a PDF.

I can get the PDF to show using the PDF Embedder plugin and a manual entry, but I can’t get the ACF Pro field to use the PDF Embedder code to show the PDF.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to show a PDF in Pro using Advanced Custom Fields?

Hello @FoundationDesign,

Thanks for writing in!

To learn more how you can display ACF fields inside Pro Editor, please check this out:

ACF Pro plugin is powering our dynamic content feature. Please check out more information the dynamic content to know you can use use it and display it in your portfolio items.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hi @ruenel. Thanks for your reply. I understand how to use ACF Pro, the problem I’m trying to solve is… how to show a PDF using ACF Pro.

"I can’t get the ACF Pro field to use the PDF Embedder code to show the PDF."

Do you have any suggestions on how to show a PDF using ACF Pro like in my example https://staging2.rdw.co.nz/portfolio-item/five-mile-queenstown-stage-2/

Hello @FoundationDesign,

Thanks for updating in! The PDF Embedder plugin needs to be using a custom field so that you may be able to access using the ACF Pro plugin. I have checked the plugin and I doubt that it would do what you have in mind. The instructions for using the plugin are simply this:

To use the plugin, just embed PDFs in the same way as you would normally embed images in your posts/pages - but try with a PDF file instead.

From the post editor, click Add Media, and then drag-and-drop your PDF file into the media library. When you insert the PDF into your post, it will automatically embed using the plugin’s viewer.

You have to access the custom field name so that you can use it with ACF plugin. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.