Advanced Custom Field Makes Edit Page Go Blank on Custom Post Type

I’m using CPT UI to create a custom post type. When I try to attach a Field Group to that custom post type using Advanced Custom Field it makes my Wordpress edit page go blank. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

Hello @tektonministries,

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like there is a JS error or a fatal error on the page that resulted to a white blank page. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks. There was a conflict with the Block Editor so I installed the Classic Editor plugin and the page came up. However, now it looks like the title is showing the CPT name and the permalink is showing some ACF Pro url.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 1.09.22 PM

Hello @tektonministries,

The permalink is needed. You may be able to change the permalink by going to Settings > Permalinks and select any of the choices other than the default.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.