Admin Toolbar not displaying on pages after trying all the stuff

So this has actually been an issue with my install for a long, long time, and every once in a while I get frustrated at not being able to click “Pro > Edit Page” from the top of the page, as the alternative is to navigate to Pages, find the page, and edit from there. So many clicks when you are busy on a project.

So, every few months I say “Ugh!” and I pore through the forums and try to fix it, and it never works. That’s not to say I haven’t missed something, but I feel like I have exhausted what I’ve found on the forums. I turn off ALL plugins. Nothing. I checked the header and footer for any unclosed tags… didn’t see anything. I reinstall the theme. Nope.

Clearly, I am missing something.

I am using the theme on a dozen sites or more, but this is ONLY an issue on my site. Every other site I have built is fine.

Can you help?

Hi @donhajicek,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be some custom code added to your website that affects your admin toolbar.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Dammit. I tried so hard to check everything before I made this inquiry, but perhaps my knowledge gap and willingness to look silly here will help someone else. It was indeed also missing in other themes, and I needed to edit my profile and check to show the bar. Thanks!

Hi @donhajicek,

It seems that you already figure it out! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.