Admin Panel Loading Slow and Images not loading

Hi,

I’ve built my website using X-theme. I made a few minor changes to my site on Friday - added a background image and installed Yoast SEO but everything seemed to be working fine.

I’ve come back to access my site today and the admin panel is painfully slow to log in and load. Also none of my images within pages will display, when I try to load pages which have images in again they are really slow to load. I’ve checked my media library and all of the images are still in the media library but will not display on the page.

I don’t have much experience with web development so I don’t know what’s causing the problem. I’ve uninstalled Yoast in case it was the plugin but it didn’t help. What could it be?

Thanks,
Ana

Hi Ana,

Check in with your hosting provider first. They can give you insights on your server load or get the error log to see if there’s unusual. Ask if you’re maxing out your site allowed memory. This might happen if you’re on shared hosting.