Adjusting layout for 768-979px views

Layouts with multiple columns are stacking in my 768-979 view. As seen on this page with the 2/3 + 1/3 layout and 1/3 column layout towards the bottom https://www.permanent.org/pledge/

I suspect I’ve changed some setting to make this happen, but can’t figure out what. (The homepage currently shows an adjusted layout I created specifically for tablets, but I this solution isn’t workable long-term)

I’d like to know how to make these columns appear inline instead of stacked at this view if possible.

Thank you!

Hello @WaggingLabs,

Thanks for writing in!

You are having this issue because there is a custom css conflict. The issue happens due to this css block:

.x-container{
        display:flex;
        flex-flow:column wrap;
    }

You can find that block in this @Media block code:

@media (max-width:979px){
    .x-container{
    }
    .x-container .x-sidebar{
        order:1;
    }
    .x-container .x-main{
        order:2;
    }
    aside.x-sidebar.right{
        margin-top:30px;
    }
}

Try to temporarily remove that @media code block and you’ll see that the columns will not collapse stacked below to each other.

Please let us know how it goes.

That did fix my 3-column layout, but that code was added to move the sidebar above the body on mobile — see this thread: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/layout-page-title-then-widget-then-body-for-mobile/59779/3

Is there any way to retain that layout and fix the 3-column layout on tablet?

Thank you!

Hello @WaggingLabs,

If that is the case, then you will have to update your custom css code and use this:

.x-container.offset{
    }

.x-container.offset .x-sidebar{
    }

.x-container.offset .x-main{
    }

.x-container.offset aside.x-sidebar.right{
    }
}

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thank you! This resolves my column layout on mobile.

What would need to be changed to target only the sidebar right layouts, but not blog, single post, or archive pages?

Hey @WaggingLabs,

To do that, you can update the previous code with the following:

.page-template.page-template-template-layout-content-sidebar .x-container.offset{
    }

.page-template.page-template-template-layout-content-sidebar .x-container.offset .x-sidebar{
    }

.page-template.page-template-template-layout-content-sidebar .x-container.offset .x-main{
    }

.page-template.page-template-template-layout-content-sidebar .x-container.offset aside.x-sidebar.right{
    }
}

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after updating the code. Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.