Adding widget to homepage

I’m using Pro. My website is https://ahelpinghandcounselingservices.com/
I’m trying to add a custom Facebook “Like Me” widget as is explained on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGz0A1OSkYM
To do the widget, I made a text widget with the lines of code that the video recommended to add (I tried to add the lines of code to this post, but it would not display, just FYI).

When I try to see the webpage with the new widget, nothing is displayed. Is this theme blocking the widget from displaying? Thank you.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Any idea what’s going on?

Hi There,

Your code works, see it here https://ahelpinghandcounselingservices.com/about/

The issue here is you placed the widget on the Header 1 sidebar, but you’re using a custom header. This headers sidebar is only available on standard header as Header Widget Areas.

Thanks.

I see your page with the widget working, but how did you add it to the page? I see under Appearance->Widgets you have added the widget to the “Main Sidebar”. How do I get that same sidebar with the widget on all my other pages?

Hi There,

On your page under Settings > General tab, use a Default Template or the Content Left, Sidebar Right Template.

screenshot

Thanks,

1 Like