Adding tracking code that is not from GA

Hellos!

I installed “X” on a client side and activated Google Analytics. Since they are working more with sales than Adwords, they decided to test the tracking service that also tracks what companies visited their site and (they claim) their contact informaiton. In the email they say to "installe the folliwng code on all pages at the every end, before the tag.

I have the GA plugin activated. Can you guide me through where I should go to add this other tracking code, which pages/files? The code they sent is pasted below.

Thanks guys!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! To avoid any confusion in adding the GA code and other tracking codes in the future, I would recommend that you install “Insert Headers and Footers” plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/). This plugin allows you to add extra scripts to the header and footer of your blog by hooking into wp_head and wp_footer.

Once installed, please go to Settings > Insert Headers and Footers. This is where you can insert the code. If it says that it must be added before the </body> tag, then you can insert the code in the “Scripts in Footer” section.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Thank you so much for a swift and structured reply. It’s been very helpful. I installed the plugin and pasted the code in the footer, and it seems to be working just fine. :grin:

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.