Adding shortcake for twitter feed

Hi,

I need to incorporate a dynamic twitter feed into one content area of my homepage. However, there seems to be some odd behavior. I’ve tried a number of different services and put a shortcode into the ‘raw content’ area. Most do not seem to work, perhaps no fault of the theme. I finally got one to work, but when I changed the layout based on the size of the feed, the entire block dissapears. Any advice on which plugin is supported and why layout issues may be occuring? Thanks for the help.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

Sure, thanks, its open-nys.org - the twitter feed is a shortcode (not shortcake) in a ‘raw content’ container under ‘in the news’

Is there a better way to do this? Using a shortcode makes the entire row container dissapear. I guess it doesn’t play nice with the X parser?

Thanks for your help

Hi There,

This is what I am seeing at the moment: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbjwhDInOc
I am not sure what you meant by this: Using a shortcode makes the entire row container dissapear. I guess it doesn’t play nice with the X parser? Which row container is missing or how we can see the issue?

Hi, yes, you’re seeing the shortcode work fine. However, in the editor, the row and container are both missing. I had a glitch where the feed was not displaying, so I had to go into the row, delete it, then re-add the raw container and put the code in again.
I guess with all the fancy stuff in X, there’s no social feed widgets, is this the proper procedure that you intended when a user adds this sort of thing? It seems kind of hacky.

Thanks

Hello There,

Could you please provide the name of the 3rd party plugin Twitter shortcode so that we can test it in our local testing server? It would also really help if we can login and access your site for a closer look.

Regards.