Adding Meta name to head | Ethos 1

Hi,
I am trying to ads meta tag to ethos 1. I am new to this coding and am having difficulties adding meta name to verify for a website. Do I add name in header.php or functions.php? Also how do I add it correctly?
Thanks

Hi there,

You can use the Yoast Plugin to add the meta information you want for SEO purposes. But if you are interested to know how to add stuff to the header of the website you need to use the wp_head action of WordPress in the functions.php of your Child Theme.

For more information you can check the article below:

So for your case you need to add this:

add_action('wp_head', 'head_information', 9999);

function head_information () { ?>
<!-- Your HTML Code Here -->
<?php }

You can add the meta HTML code instead of <!-- Your HTML Code Here -->. Thank you.

Sorry but i add this in functions.php and it just ends up in style location.
It does not show up in head. Need to add for pinterest.

Can you give us a screenshot where you inserted the code? If you’re not comfortable with coding, I’d recommend you use a plugin instead in order to avoid errors.

Thanks.

i place it here at 118 and other places. where should i? and how would i do it the other way?

Hi There,

You should install and activate the child theme: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57.

Then put the custom code under functions.php file locates in your child theme.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.