Adding Instagram ABOUT THE AUTHOR box

Hi my client wants Instagram link added to the social media link in the About the Author boxes.

I have About the Author scripted to come up automatically at the end of each blog post, and the social media for that author is pulled from the data in USERS.

I found this script in yor old form and this worked perfectly to add Instagram to every ABOUT THE AUTHOR box … BUT the problem is this is adding the same link very time… which is only going to be useful if there is only one author…

How do I do it please so that I can have a unique Instagram for every author.

Ideally this would involve adding Instagram link to the USERS data but I am not sure if we can get in there easily as this is part of the stadard WPress data??

So if we can’t do this I guess I just need to use the same Javacsript code, but on the different author posts overide this Javascript with Javascript linked to their Instagram, correct? Just not quite sure how to do that.

Thanks so much.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The correct way of adding social network profile for each of your user is to enabled the user contact method. For more details, you can check the codex: https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/user_contactmethods

You must modify the author box element or shortcode that you are using so that this new user contact information will be display in the author box as well.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thx for response! But I actually have solved this another way, I am using this plugin, because it can feature all the social media options, and also it allowed the name and the image to be a link, which was the other customisation I was going to try and do…

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/sexy-author-bio

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers!