Adding Facebook code onto my site

Hi there,

I have been searching on the forum for over 2 hours now and I am still lost, I not tech savvy enough to make this work ahaha. So basically I am trying to insert a Facebook code onto my site’s header and after installing Child Theme, I have no idea what to do next and how to properly copy the wp-header.php from my computer onto the Child theme, all too confusing.

and I think I don’t actually have the wp-header.php? Someone help me out please, thank you so much!

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for writing to us.

As per your given screenshot, it seems that you have not installed child theme yet. To download and install child theme please have a look at our documentation https://theme.co/docs/child-themes

Please note that we don’t provide child theme customization support it is out of the support scope.

Let’s talk about how to add Facebook code into the site, Regretfully there is no option to add a custom script or code in our theme. To add custom script you can use a child theme or alternatively, please have a look at this article to learn more how to add a custom script into the website.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Hi there,

I am pretty sure I have installed Child theme and activated. This is a screenshot of my Theme editor, I’ve seen a lot of forum threads telling users to paste this onto their functions.php

I tried it but it says something went wrong, any idea?

Hello Ryan,

According to your screenshot, it seems that there is an error in your PHP code of semicolon (; ). There won’t be semicolon( ; ) after the function close curly brackets(})

I would recommend you contact a developer who can assist you with concern in case if you have no idea about coding.

Please refer these thread for installing facebook code into your website.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.