Adding Elements in Cornerstone

It’s been 2+ years since I’ve worked with my website but why the heck can’t I drag and drop an element into the page? What am I doing wrong again??? I drag in the element and then Row 1 pops up but no element

Video:

Hi @Dx3Creations,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There might be an error on your site which is preventing the functionality to work. Please follow this guide here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues to troubleshoot the problem.

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Thank you. The problem is with the theme. I moved to Twenty Twenty theme, went back to the Cornerstone editing page, and was able to successfully add in elements. When I moved back to my Child theme, I could no longer add in elements. What would be the next troubleshooting step?

Additionally, I don’t see where the Secure Note (key) icon is in this reply box?? How can I give you the login/password.
The X Child Theme is Version 1.0.0
I’m not using the main X Theme but I just upgraded it to the latest 7.2.3

Hello @Dx3Creations,

The given credentials is not working for us. It seems that the username or password is invalid. Please double check. Meanwhile, please switch to the parent theme and check the page in Cornerstone again. There might be something in your child theme that is causing the issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Sorry about that. I reset it and tested it and these work

I tried moving over to the parent theme and it doesn’t allow me to drop in elements into Cornerstone. Please advise?

Hello @Dx3Creations,

Thanks for updating in! I have check your X > Status and I found out that your PHP version is 5.6.40 and MySQL 5.5.5-10.2.31-MariaDB-cll-lve. Although these are supported, to maximum your site’s performance, please have it update to at least the recommended versions. Please check this out general requirements to run the latest WP and the X theme:

Meanwhile, I have create a test page and I was able to insert elements into the page. Please see the secure note.

I was having a hard time seeing the elements and it’s content because of your background color. Please temporarly change your background image to white or at least a lighter shade of black.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.