Adding Custom Fonts - detailed instructions for first timers

The Pro theme is my all time favorite theme! I have many licenses and recently purchased the unlimited plan. I am using it on more than 30 websites.

Today I am having trouble adding a custom font. I have found the gear icon in the Theme Options. There is a place to add a custom font. However, I do not know what file to upload. I have a zip file with two versions of a font and that can be unzipped resulting in two .otf files. The otf files are not allowed to be uploaded to WordPress and the zip file does not work.

I tried adding define(‘ALLOW_UNFILTERED_UPLOADS’, true); to the config.php file but that did not help and I have since removed it.

Are there detailed instructions about how to add a custom font, including what type of files, how should they be uploaded, should I be using the cPanel File Manager instead of the WordPress media library to upload the files? I love the fact that the function is there to upload custom fonts, however I could use a little help to make it work.

Thanks,
Jon

Hello Jon,

Thanks for the very detailed post information.

It is best that you check out this video tutorial first:

You will have to upload the .woff or .ttf. You can check out the documentation here:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for that explanation. That worked. It turns out that I do not think the .ttf or .otf files work any longer. However the .woff and .woff2 files do work just as you described, and as per the video. Thank you very much for the help.
Jon

Hello Jon,

Glad that we are able to help you

Have a nice weekend!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.