Adding css classes not working

screenshots here

I’m trying to change some css in the navigation of my site and it’s not getting applied.

See link to screenshots above - they pretty much tell the whole story. The nav items should be blue.

From related support topics:
I’ve cleared my browser cache, even opened the site in a different browser.
I’ve tried both X theme and X Child theme (currently using the child theme), but the issue exists on both.

Secondary question: what’s the difference between adding css in the “custom” and “additional css” areas (in screenshots)? When should I use one or the other?

Hi There,

As you can see on the screenshot, class mainnav was added on the li tag. Inside this li tag is the link tag which represent by a. li tag has child a tag. We just need to target the correct selector. Let’s try something like this:

     .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li.mainnav  > a:hover,
     .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .x-active > a,
     .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > .current-menu-item > a{
          color: rgb(6,190,190);
}```
Custom CSS part is a place for CSS added by X theme. On the other hand, Addiotional CSS is a place for CSS added by wordpress itself. This feature was added since wordpress version 4.7. Both will work but to avoid confusion, you may just use the custom CSS. This way all your custom CSS is just in one place.

Hope this helps.