Adding Breadcrumps in Pro

Hey guys,

looking for this in the documentation did not bring up any results, so I am asking you right now. Adding Breadcrumps in Pro is only possible via a child theme and adding this code? When will a update be available for this?

// Shortcode to add breadcrumbs to Header Builder
function my_breadcrumbs( ) {
        $breadcrumbs_on = x_get_option( 'x_breadcrumb_display' );
        if ( $breadcrumbs_on == '1' ) :
                $breadcrumbs = x_breadcrumbs();
        endif;
        return $breadcrumbs;
}
add_shortcode( 'breadcrumbs', 'my_breadcrumbs');

Thank you for your support!

Hi there,

At the moment the BReadcrumbs feature is not available in Pro. Our development team is doing their best to have an alternative solution for that. You can find the information about it in the article below:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-pro-known-issues/203

The solution will be to have a Breadcrumb element which is in the development process.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know about this page. I will now check regularly wether the update is online :slight_smile:

Have a great week!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

Once the code is added to the child functions.php how is it actually used within the header?

Add the [breadcrumbs] to a Text element. Please note though that issues arising from the use of it and enhancements will be outside the scope of our support.

Thanks.

Any news about this? There are some things happening in the changelogs about Breadcrumps but I can’t see wether this is fully supported now.

The [breadcrumbs] insertion does not work when I add it as text into my php files to have it on every page.

Hey @raphaelzydek,

There is now a Breadcrumbs element. It was introduced in Pro 1.2.0. For usage instructions, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-breadcrumb/10221/1

Thanks.

1 Like

Perfect! So the functionality is embedded into header and footer builder, I overlooked that. Thanks a lot for your effort and support!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Our knowledge-base section has helpful resources that I would encourage you to explore to learn more about Pro Theme featured and functionality.

Thanks.