Adding boarder to featured image

I want to put a 1px #e7e7e7 outline around my featured image using Essential Grid.
I can a border to the entire layout composition in the skin editor but not just the featured image.

Is there a way to do it in the Skin Editor?

Hello Jhaysin,

Thanks for writing in! You can add the border in the Skin Editor. Click the Image Layer and then find the “Style” tab to be able to insert the border. Or you can go to the Layout Composition > Spaces for the border.

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel.

These work for putting a border around the entire layout or just the non-featured image section.
Here are examples with a 1px boarder in red.

I’m not seeing a tab for the featured image section.

Hello Jhaysin,

Check out which layer first:

If that does not help, please provide us your WP log in so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel.

Here’s the style layers and info attached.

Hello Jhaysin,

Is the title, date and excerpt only visible on hover? If that is the case, the border can be applied to the Layout Composition. And if ever the title, date and excerpt always display, you may need custom CSS to be able to accomplish what you have in mine.

Using your browser’s Development Tool, you can check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use or what CSS code has been used to style the page.

Check out this video demonstration:

Be advised that custom CSS coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.