Adding a Sidebar to WooCommerce Category Pages

Hi all.

I’ve been searching through the forums, looking for a way to add a sidebar with widgets, to WooCommerce Category pages (those with the URL: /product-category/shoes/ or /product-category/hats/

None of the topics I’ve come across really speak to that, as i’m NOT adding it to a single product page, but to the product category page, and if possible, the main shop page. Product Categories, just like Post Categories, don’t have the X template options available on the front-end, so this would require some customization in the child theme or functions.php – this i know.

The code found in this topic, adds it to the Main Shop page, but I want to add it to Product Categories as well.

How can this be done?

Hi There,

The code should work.

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.