Adding a MEC countdown to top of home page in cornerstone

I want to have the top of my home page to have a MEC countdown element which is identified by an MEC shortcode id. How do I go about doing this? I have looked online and on bit of major confusion is that cornerstone has changed a lot in the latest version and there seems to be very sparce documentation.

Basically Time to event : MEC countdown widget (element)

Hi,

Regretfully, at this time I am not entirely certain what it is you would like to accomplish based on the information given in your email. If you wouldn’t mind providing us with a little more clarification on what it is you’re wanting to do (a link to a similar example site would be very helpful, or perhaps some screenshots), we’ll be happy to provide you with a response once we have a better understanding of the situation.

Thanks

3 images attached. 1) Current blank home page 2) A capture form the MEC events page of the countdown clock. Note this is a dynamic counter. 3) THe home page of what I am after. I just copied and pasted the MEC counter so you could see what I am after. I think the previous version of Cornerstone you could put a shortcode in a textbox field. I guess that was removed. THe counter is defined by a shortcode something like [MEC_id_020]

Hello @Starkweather,

Thanks for updating thread. You can add the shortcode in Text element and let the section have white background color. Here is a screencast that you can take a look. Have used Accordion shortcode as an example. https://screencast.com/t/w8mkU7X7tl

Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks.

Thankyou that worked great.My other question will probably be solved with the other item I placed in. The shortcode places the widget there but the control of the background colors text color and text size is being controlled by MEC. For this case a transparent background would be ideal.

Hi,

Can you provide us with your Site URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.