Added woocommerce having trouble styling

Hi,

I’ve created the bulk of my site already and now added woocommerce. I realize I should have considered this from the beginning as it’s difficult for me to style woocommerce. I see that I could use the crafty theme. If I used this at this point will I erase all of my other settings and content?

I am able to manipulate, search, and piece together html/css to achieve what I currently have but before I go down the path of styling woocommerce I wanted to make sure there wasn’t an easier way.

I started to style the shop and product pages. How do I get the background to show the split color image that I’ve used across my site. I’ve got it set to us the background image using css but its only going part of the way (its not matching the nav where you can see its directly in the middle. This only occurs on the screen sizes below desktop and will completely disappear when you get down to mobile.

Hi @ryskamrr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This would require custom CSS as this is not a theme feature by default and is outside of our support scope, but we will do our best to help you getting started with the customization but we will not be able to implement it.

To fix the background issues on your shop archive page, try adding the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.archive .x-container.offset {
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 100%;
}

Please note that since this is a custom code that changes the default behavior/display of the theme, you will be responsible to maintain or update the code in case you require further changes or if the code stops working in future updates. If you are uncertain how to proceed, it would be best to get in touch with a developer.

Thank you for understanding!

thanks it worked! How do I figure out how all this works. The woocommerce documentation hasn’t helped much, I’ve figured out most by inspecting the page in chrome to see what to alter. Is there another method I should try to figure out how to make changes?

Hi @ryskamrr,

Inspecting the element of the page is the method we always do to figure out what changes to make.

Thank you.

thanks I appreciate it!

@ryskamrr,

It’s our pleasure to help you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.