Add Video To Blog

hi

I just have a quick query about how to have a video blog post look the same as a normal blog post. There will be text to accompany the video, but the video should be the top of the post

So normally I select a featured image and that is the image for the top of the blog. But this time I want that to be a video, but I cannot see how to do it.

If I add the video as an element, then it sits below the post title.

Is it at all possible to add a video I shot as the image at the top of a blog post?

Another aspect of that, am I better off to embed the video using the youtube embed code or to actually bring it into wordpress and put it in the post that way?

cheers

Hi Guy,

You can select your Post to have a video post format.

To set the format of the post to a video format as shown in this image http://prntscr.com/4xz3re.

The featured videos in our demo content is using the video post format. Please edit your posts and assign video as post format. After selecting the video post format, a video post settings will appear on the page (http://prntscr.com/aahwgk).

See here : http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/affiliate-marketing-101-self-hosted-video/

See normal post : http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/5-reasons-you-need-the-x-theme/

Hi Joao

Thanks so much for your reply

Actually, that wasn’t my question. I already have the post set as video, but when I then embed the video at the top of the page, the title of the post is at the top of the page instead, with the video sitting under it. This is not how a normal post would look.

As I indicated in my question, normally you would set a featured image to get the image to show at the top of the post, but how to do that on a video post?

Regard

Hi There,

You might be using either Renew or Icon stack. On those 2 stack, the title is on top of the featured video. On integrity and ethos the video is on top.

To change this Renew or Icon default setup, copy this file wp-content\themes\x\framework\views{icon or renew}\content-video.php. Copy that file on the same folder path on your child theme. Let say for renew, look for this part:

    <?php x_get_view( 'renew', '_content', 'post-header' ); ?>
    <div class="entry-featured">
      <?php x_featured_video(); ?>
    </div>

See how the post header is on top of the featured video? Feel free to switch that line of code.

Hope this helps.

hi Lely

Thanks so much for your reply.

I am actually using the Integrity stack, but what was happening was I was adding the video as an element in the post. I see now that the embed information in entered in the dashboard area of Posts, rather than added in the page itself. It now appears as it should.

Cheers Lely

regards

Hi there,

Yes, you’ll have to switch to video post format and fill in the video information :slight_smile:

Glad it’s okay now and cheers!