Add section as global block

Hey there,

I am experimenting with the global blocks (GBs) in v 6.01.

So I creating a GB including section, row and column. But how do I include this global block as a section in a page? I know I can save it as a template but the GBs have the neat feature of a centralised content update functionality.

I can only select the global blocks as an element in Cornerstone similar to the image or text element. However, the settings for the row and section in the GB are not imported to the page but remain those of the default section.

So how do I import a GB similar to a template including all settings of that element?

Hi There,

Can you please provide your URL so clarify the issue?

As the global block needs to be inserted as an element you will need to play with the section values from the global element page and the page where you have inserted.

Thanks

I second this. Global blocks is an awesome feature to allow a part of a page to be updated across the entire website, and improves the templating system within Pro; however, I am a bit confused why we cannot add as a section.

Correct, we have to insert as an element. But during the process of setting up the Global Block, we are using Section -> Row -> Columns, as we are all used to within Pro. It seems to make sense that these should be able to be added in the same manner as a Block Template, rather than adding to an already existing section within the page.

Was this overlooked or is there any plan to allow us to add a section, as already available with Blocks/Pages?

EDIT-----
Also, thanks for providing awesome support and an awesome product. We were just discussing this feature the other day, and here it is, albeit, a bit different than what I had envisioned.

Hi There,

We certainly appreciate the feedback, but as you already know adding it as an element is the only way to add the Global Blocks. There is actually an advantage on this as you can now nest a Column.

A quick setting for the containing section is to set the margins and paddings to 0 and turning off the ROW’s Column Container option.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.