Dear Support,
I would like to add “Recent Posts” with Title and Image to the sidebar of my blog.
Here’s what I’m trying to make my recent posts look like:
Note: Without the Date. Just headline and Image.
Thanks in advance.
Dear Support,
I would like to add “Recent Posts” with Title and Image to the sidebar of my blog.
Here’s what I’m trying to make my recent posts look like:
Note: Without the Date. Just headline and Image.
Thanks in advance.
Hello @nourmoubayed,
Thanks for asking. 
You can add recent post shortcode using Text Widget under Appearance > Widget. To learn more about Recent post shortcode, please refer following article. http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/
To hide date from recent post, please add following CSS under X > Launch > Options > CSS:
span.x-recent-posts-date {display: none !important;}
Thanks.
Hi @Prasant
Thanks for the reply.
I looked at the shortcodes on the page you sent, but none of them looks like the screenshot i sent you.
I need the image to be a small square box on the left, and the title on the right.
Anyway I can achieve that?
Thanks
Hi There,
Please follow the recommendaions of Preasant and also provide your URL so we can provide you a tailored solution.
Thanks
Hi @Joao
Thanks for your message.
I already have recent posts shortcode in my side bar that I have custom changed through CSS.
What I need to do though is to have them look like this:
Here is my current CSS code:
.x-recent-posts .h-recent-posts {
font-size: 24px;
color: #111111;
font-family: "Helvetica",Arial,sans-serif;
padding: 7px; !important;
}
.single .x-recent-posts .h-recent-posts {
font-size:19px;
color: #111111;
font-family: "Helvetica",Arial,sans-serif;
padding: 7px; !important;
}
.x-recent-posts .h-recent-posts, .x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-date {
white-space: normal;
}
.x-recent-posts .x-recent-posts-date { display:none; }
.x-recent-posts a {
background-color: white !important;
border: 0px;
border-color: transparent !important;
padding: 0px !important;
box-shadow: 0 0.125em 0.275em 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.075);
}
So i need to tweak that code to make it look like the screenshot in the link above.
Thanks again!
Hi There,
Our recent posts shortcode is displaying the featured image as a background image, so it doesn’t look good if you move the featured image to the left.
I suggest you try this plugin instead: https://wordpress.org/plugins/recent-posts-widget-with-thumbnails/.
Regards!
Hi @thai
Thanks for the recommendation.
I am already using a GRID plugin for Displaying Post In addition to Cornerstone that does that too.
So adding a third plugin would be an overkill IMO and would slow my site down.
Alternatively, is there a way to accomplish that with GRID plugin ?
Thanks in advance !
Hi There,
Its the GRID would be the overkill plugin to output just a recent posts. You can use the plugin suggested by Thai, or the plugin I suggested here, its light so it should not slow down your site.
Thanks,
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.