Add Link to Icon in Classic Feature List

Hi!

I’m using the classic feature list with icons for a website. I see there are options for ‘link text’, ‘link href’ and ‘link title attribute’. I’d like to add a link to connect the feature to another page on the site. How do I do that? And where can I find the link or code to connect the other page with the icon?

Thanks!

Hello Vanessa,

Thanks for writing in!

Instead of using Classic Feature List, you can make use of the feature boxes and then with a little customization, should be able to link the icons to another page. Kindly check out this How-To documentation here:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you for providing the link. But the document doesn’t mention where I can add the link and where I can find the link for other pages on the site to connect it to the icon. Where would I find this information?

Hello Vanessa,

There should be an option in the Feature Box and even in the classic Feature List element settings.

If this is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you, would all three fields have to be filled out? And where can I find the links within the site that I can connect to?

Hello Vanessa,

Yes, you will have to fill out all the fields. And you can find the page link by following these steps:
1.) Go to Pages > All Pages
2.) Select which page you want to get the link to and hover over it.

3.) Right-click on the “View” link and then choose “Copy Link Address”

4.) Lastly, go back to the Feature List field and paste the URL.

Hope this makes sense.

Ahh got it, thank you for that information! What would go in all three ‘link’ fields to make it work? Would I still need to use that JavaScript code from the document

Hi Vanessa,

Please try it out first without using the Javascript code. It is actually used if you want to also link the icons in the feature list. By the way, please provide us the URL of the page in questioned in a secure note so that we can take a closer look. Create a secure note with the following info if the URL requires a password to view the page:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you, I have done so. Please let me know!

Hi Vanessa,

I am now seeing this:

To add a link to the icons, simply follow the steps in the previous documentation article that I’ve sent:

Best Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for directing me in a good direction. I’ve added the class and JavaScript. I’ve also added a link to the href # for one of the list items but it’s still taking me to the home page, why is that?

Hello Vanessa,

Your link did not work because there is # in it.

Keep in mind that you only use # if you want to add a placeholder link that goes nowhere. Kindly remove the # in your link and use the link in the secure note instead.

Best Regards.

Perfect, that worked. Thank you so much for all your help!

You’re welcome Vanessa!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.