Add header to blog

Hi,

I have just added a blog/post page to my site, however it does not have a header or page title area. I tried adding this with cornerstone but it does not show up. I also can’t see how to edit the page template.

Please see my blog page here: http://sociall.ly/blog/

Thank you very much!

Hi there,

Please go to X > Theme Options > Renew > Blog Options then set a value for Blog Title.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I just did that but it doesn’t show the title.

I wondering I have the page template wrong?

I forgot to say: THANKS!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The blog title is displaying on the page. You just can’t see it because it is behind the header. It is behind the header because you added this custom css:

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    width: 100%;
}

If you remove the custom css, you will have this:

And by the way, please set up the topbar nav height correctly. Please go to X > Launch > Options > Headers > Navbar and set the Navbar Top Height to at least 105 pixels because that is the actual height of your navbar.

In case you were wondering why you were not able to edit the blog index in Cornerstone, please understand that Cornerstone can only be use to edit a post or a page. Any page that is using a page template or an archive like the blog index that displays the contents dynamically will not be able to edit in Cornerstone. The same thing happen when you use the default WordPress editor. You cannot edit the blog index or any archive pages.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.