Add custom code in Ethos footer - below social icons

Hi there. What is the best way/method for me to add custom code in the footer below all the rest of the footer content? So just before the closing footer tag:

You can see visually here what I want to do: https://imgur.com/a/4gkxU

Thank you

Hi I can’t reply to this but the code didn’t do anything for me. I’m not sure where i’m suppose to add my custom content in there?

Hey There,

Because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Once you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/WP-FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Footer output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer', 'widget-areas' ); ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_bottom_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<footer class="x-colophon bottom" role="contentinfo">
      <div class="x-container max width">

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_menu_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_nav', 'footer' ); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_social_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <?php x_social_global(); ?>
        <?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>
          <div class="x-colophon-content mtm mbn">
            <?php echo do_shortcode( x_get_option( 'x_footer_content' ) ); ?>
          </div>
        <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    </footer>

<?php endif; ?>

<?php x_get_view( 'global', '_footer' ); ?>

3] Save the file named as wp-footer.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/ethos/ or wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/legacy/cranium/footers/views/ethos/ if you are using Pro theme.

Please create the folder names since it does not exist in your child theme yet.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.