Active anchor links do not highlight in inline navigation

Hi, I have a simple one page website using anchor links to navigate to different sections on the page. The anchor links themselves are working as they should, clicking the links in the inline navigation produces the correct result. However, if as in this picture I bounce to the Project section, although the page moves to that section, the Our Team anchor link is still highlighted in the menu. Basically all of the anchor links become active/highlighted much too late. Even turning active links off doesn’t work.

I am using the most up to date version of Pro.

https://anyo.studio/

Thanks, Shaun

Hello Shaun,

I have tested your site and I could not replicate it. Kindly check out this video:

Please clear your browser cache. It may have happened after you updated the theme. This documentation might help you:

Best Regards.

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

This is really weird - I am still getting the same problem. I have cleared all browser caches and used private windows on Firefox, Firefox Developer, Safari and Brave (which is basically Chrome). The image I put in my first post, that’s still happening. So, hitting the Project menu item bounces me down to the right section, but the Our Team link is highlighted.

Could this be a caching issue at another level? Server maybe? I don’t understand how you are unable to replicate the issue but I still see it (and so does my client using Chrome in Sweden).

Thanks for any help.
Shaun

Hey Shaun,

I see the issue using Chrome in Windows. Try setting your Header Bars to Position Relative and then set a px Height.

If that doesn’t help, please switch to the parent Pro theme and then deactivate all 3rd party plugins and provide us the follow details in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

If that can’t be done in your live site, please copy your live site to a staging server and provide us with the Staging Login URL instead of your live site’s URL.

Hi Christian, thanks for your reply.

The bar containing the navigation is already set to Position: Relative and a px height is also set.

I can’t turn off all plugins on the live site so will see if I can create a staging site. I may run out of time as I go on holiday tomorrow, so might have to return to this issue in a week or so.

Shaun

Okay, I have created a staging site. Details in secure note.

Hey Shaun,

In your staging site, I deactivated all 3rd party plugins and the offset worked. Kindly do Test For Plugin Conflict before reporting an issue to us. Once you discovered the offending plugin, reach out to the plugin author.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.