Activating "The Grid"

We are receiving an error with The Grid add-on. I have installed it and when I try to activate it, I get the error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/c11cker/theranch/wp-content/plugins/the-grid/includes/item-skin.class.php on line 54

I have seen another post regarding this and they ask for login credentials, before I do that, I want to confirm this is a private thread. Let me know and I will send along!

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for writing in!

  1. I am unable to FTP your server as it’s giving me following error message Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server. Please try following solutions and see if it works:

  2. Via FTP and go to wp-content/plugins then delete the current the-grid directory that is in there. Once you have deleted it, go back to WordPress admin and reinstall and try to activate The Grid plugin again.

It looks like your are running Php version 5.2. WordPress recommend PHP version 7 or greater. We suggest you to upgrade Php as per recommendation.

Thanks.

I had tried that before but got the error, which is when I reached out. We can’t upgrade our PHP version as we are on a dedicated server with other sites that unfortunately require an older PHP version. I just tested the FTP credentials and they work fine - here is a screenshot of the settings I use in Filezilla to connect.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am having the same error on FTP using filezill too. Have you reinstall it already? Try reinstalling it so we don’t have to login via FTP. I understand if you have reasons why you can’t update PHP version, but others customers with the same issue have sorted this out by just updating PHP.

Yes it is reinstalled.

Hi there,

We strongly recommend to use PHP 5.6 or greater for security purposes. Latest plugins are not compatible with older version anymore.

Wordpress is even recommending PHP 7.0, https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

If you can’t upgrade your PHP version, then you should move to another host that offers the latest version. Plus, there are many features added and deprecated in the latest versions, you can’t stay in the old versions.

Thanks!