ACF Post Object (or what should I use)

Hi Folks,
So here’s the situation:

Authors - (Post with ACF fields: Name, Title, Organization, Bio)
Trainings - (Post with ACF fields including Post Object for Authors)

Custom layout for the Trainings. Ideally I should be able to select the Author (Post Object - this works) and when the Training post is viewed, the Author’s ACF field content should be displayed (Name, Title, Organization, Bio) in the Training post. I can’t seem to get the syntax correct for how to call this.

Hey Greg,

Thanks for reaching out!

This thread might help you to finish your setup.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a,
Thanks - yes! I did and am close but not quite. I need a bit of help with the looper setup. Could you have a look?

Gregg

Hey Gregg,

Yes, we can take a look at your setup, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a
I already did - in my first post.

Gregg

Hello Gregg,

You are using Post items and categorized them as Trainings or Author. Your looper is already correct. You can use the {{dc:looper:debug_consumer}} dynamic content to display all the key fields and then use the looper dynamic content like {{dc:looper:field key="post_title"}} to display the desired information you’d like to display.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys. I’ll work on this and let you know in a few days.

Gregg

Hey Gregg,

Great and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hey Folks,
Just an update - that debug code is a beautiful thing. Very helpful!

Got it working and am building out the rest of what I need. Thanks again!

Gregg

Spoke a tad too soon. How do I pull the feature image in? I don’t see it in the debug

** NM - I figured it out **

Hey Gregg,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.