ACF Form loading blank page on Update

Hi,

I’m working on creating a proof of concept for an online product catalog for a client. Basically a repository of all the products they represent with images that can use if need, and the ability to attach notes and files and updates etc…

The important part is that employees at the company will need to be able to update the information for a products themselves, and this needs to be accomplished via front-end. I started putting a test of this together in a portfolio item using the documentation provided through here and in the ACF Documentation.

It’s all working, and the front end form updates the fields, but when you hit the update button and reloads the page, the page is blank and the admin bar is missing so something odd is definitely going on when it submits the data and reloads the page. If i revisit the page, the changes are saved and everything appears as it should, but every time that button is pushed it does the same thing.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that a fatal error occurs after you hit the update button. Could you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Thanks for the direction. I got the error message and was able to find a solution. Turns out <?php acf_form_head(); ?> had to go right before <?php get_header(); ?>. I had it after it.

Tested and it’s now working! Thanks!

Great I am glad you figured it out. :slight_smile:

I am having a similar issue. I receive
[14-Jun-2018 13:09:15 UTC] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at […]single-projects.php:16) in […]/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216
when trying to update a project, resulting in the same white page.
Any idea?

Hey @bumblebee,

The warning you see is from WordPress. We’re not sure yet if it’s caused by theme. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that does not help, please open a separate thread and give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.