ACF fields on Archive Layouts assigned to Taxonomies not showing?

Hi!

I have created Archive layouts for Categories and Tags and added ACF Image & Text fields to it.

I have assigned the fields to Categories and tags.

However, the field output (image, text) are not being shown neither in Cornerstone nor on the front end. (The correct preview is being set).

To makes sure I am not doing something wrong, I have assigned the same fields to pages and everything is working properly there. The issue has been reproduced on two installs.

Thank you!

Hi Misho,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing the admin credential of your website so that we can check it? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Credentials added. Thank you!

Hey @Misho,

Just correct me if I’m wrong. To keep it simple, I’ll address the Hero Image first.

Using the ACF Term Field, the Hero Image is displayed (see screenshots and the url of a cateogry page in the secure note).

Please try the same for other term fields.

Hope that helps.

Hi!

Indeed it does show up as an image. But the idea was to add it as a background image for the top section called “Hero”. That is the scenario where I cannot get it working.

here is how does it look like when added as a standard image:

However if called as a background image from the ACF field, no image is showing.

Thanks!

Hey @Misho,

Thanks for confirming that it works in the Image element. I tested it as the Hero Section’s Background and it still works both in the builder preview and in the frontend.

I’m still using the ACF Term Field Dynamic Content like the Image element setup. The ACF key I used is hero_image.

If I’m not getting the setup that you wanted still, please detail the exact setup that you need.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.