ACF and Clone Fields

I am having some issues with ACF and Clone Fields.

I have created a series of field Groups in ACF (some have fields within groups or repeater fields), then created a final group called Complete Website Form and added a Clone of each of the other Field groups, adding all fields from each group.

My aim is to show all of the fields from each group on a single Custom post (Website Content Form).

From that custom post, I am trying to create Single Layouts that pull data from specific Website Content Form Posts but I am having trouble getting the data.

For example: I have a page that has a condition: Website Content Form (specific) is “Name of post I want to reference”

But from there…I can’t work out how to reference the fields. Does it have something to do with the fact that they are Clone Fields? Do I need to set a provider for each Clone Field Group?

Any advice would be most welcome - thanks.

Darren.

Hello Darren,

Thanks for posting a piece of detailed information. The field names, though they are just clones, should have a unique field name that can identify them independently. Yes, you may need a Looper Provider if these fields are grouped together. We would love to check on those fields if we can log in to the site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Ruenel,

Thank you so much, I appreciate it. I’ll add your Login deets in the secure form.

Sorry but it’s a bit of a mess in there as I’ve been working through a number of different options in trying to find the best way to build it. If you could perhaps look at

Mainstream 1 About Landing page

Which I’m trying to connect to the Website Content Form Post - Mainstream 1 Demo

The Cloned Field group I’m trying to connect to in that page is Practitioners. It has a group and also a repeater field.

There is also an issue in the About Pages section of Mainstream 1 Demo where I can’t save any image to the Header Background Image field. The field just reverts back to blank after saving…

Thanks again.
Darren.

Hello Darren,

I am not following. I see this:

I could not find any relationship or connection to the Website Content Form Post. Can you please illustrate the connection between the Practitioner and the Website Content Form Post items?

Thank you.

Hi Reunel,

Sorry for the confusion. I’ve changed the name of the Practitioner post items back to About Page. I’d changed it half way through by mistake and forgot to go back and fix.

Hopefully it should all make sense now.

So now, the About Pages Fields are shown as clone items in the Website Content Form Post.

Cheers,
Darren.

Hi, just wondering if you’ve had a chance to have another look please?

Thanks,
Darren.

Hello Darren,

I am looking at one of your Website Content Form:

• see the secure note for the link.

Where are the cloned fields?

I’ve installed JSM Post Metadata plugin so we can see the names of the fields.

Thanks.

Hello Darren,

The ACF Fields were assigned to the Website Content Forms post type. Only these fields can be displayed from the mentioned post type. Check out the link in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hey Ruenel,

Thanks again for looking into all this for me. I’ve realised that since I don’t intend to use the Field Groups i9n any other posts, I can just assign them all to be Website Content Forms and not bother with an Clone fields.

Appreciate all your help.

Cheers,
Darren.

You are most welcome, @DesignMunky.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.