Accordions all open and cannot be closed

Dear support,

I have a FAQ page which uses Accordions and it worked very well before. I didn’t change anything recently but my colleague told me that all Accordions are now opened and cannot be closed. ( It used to be opened at the first one and all others are closed ).

Is there any method to check?

Cheers,
Ken

1 Like

Hello @kanken,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please update X Theme as I see you are running old version of X Theme 5.2.5. You can take a look at following resources to update Theme and plugins:

Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

I have updated the theme and now all of them are closed. However, there are some Accordions when you click one of the item but it doesn’t close the others automatically while some other works. How can I fix this issue?

Cheers,
Ken

Hey Ken,

Please check your Accordion Groupings.

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion Christina. Sorry that I forgot to tell you that I am using classic Accordion and I can’t find this setting.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken,

This is actually a bug and it was already submitted to our issue tracker and it was already fixed, we could not provide an ETA of when is the next release though.

Stay tuned and thank you for understanding,

ok thanks.

You’re most welcome!

I just updated X and now my accordions aren’t working at all. I updated Cornerstone first, and the accordions were all open with no way to close them. Then I found an item in the forum here to say to update X because incompatible versions could cause that, so I updated X, and now the accordions are all closed with no way to open them. I did purge all caches. Are you saying that classic accordions are not working at all in the new version of X? Because if that’s the case I have an urgent need to downgrade to a version that works. This is an emergency as my client will be losing business if the accordion isn’t working.

Here’s an example: https://www.momschoiceawards.com/what_to_know/

Hi @SheilaRuth,

Thanks for writing around! It still looks like a cache issue although you mentioned that you cleared the cache but when I checked your content, it is being served by the cache. Please make sure to clear the cache entirely and then disable your cache plugin and optimization services.

Let us know how this goes!

It took me a while, but I figured it out. Turning off all caches internal and external did fix the issue, but then turning them back on, even when clearing them, brought the issue back. Finally, by turning things off one at a time, I figured out that the problem is with the minify cache in the Wordpress W3 Total Cache plugin. Turning that off makes the accordions work, turning it on prevents them from working. All the other caches, both in W3 Total Cache and the external cache optimization service work fine. Clearing the minify cache specifically also did not fix the problem.

For now, I’ve left the minify cache turned off, but I’d really like to be able to turn this back on, so could you please submit this as a bug report? Thanks.

Hi There,

Yes about that, X resources (CSS, JS) are already minified, so double minifying it will cause an error. This is also true with the CloudFlare.

Try to exclude this files from your plugins for being double minified.

/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js
/wp-content/themes/x/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js

and also the stack CSS

Cheers!

Would this be the stack css file I need to exclude? (For Renew)

/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/renew.css

Hi There,

Yes for the renew stack, the correct path would be

/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/renew.css

Thanks!

Perfect, thanks. Added those to the exceptions and turned minify back and everything works great. Thanks so much!

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.