Accordion problem with video background

Hey I have some accordions that I’m using for a FAQ page, but when they pop open they don’t operate well with the video I have in the background of the section. When you pop open 3-4 of the accordions in the same column the video does not extend along with them and you can see white background in the top and bottom of the section. The white will go away after the video loop restarts, but still. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Hi There,

I can see the issue. Though, this is the limitation of this setup. Unlike using background image, video doesn’t respond on the fly. Video background needs to reset to apply the new height and width proportion of the section. I will add this to our issue tracker so we can discuss this situation to see what we can do. As of the moment, if we will adjust video proportion on the fly right after we open accordion item, that means resetting the video. It’s like restarting it again which is not proper like what is happening after video loop. For the mean time, please use background image.

Ok how about this, is there a way to have only one accordion open at a time… by closing any previously opened accordions once a new one is selected and opened? Some custom CSS for that would solve my problem. Kind of like when you listen to different audio tracks on a music website… you play one, and then when you want to play another track you just press play on that one… and it automatically closes the previous track you were listening to so that they are both not playing over each other.

Hi There,

Yes, you can link the accordion items so they won’t be open simultaneously (unless you enable the start open option on items.)

screenshot

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Wow, how’d I miss that one… :flushed:

Perfect, thank you.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.