A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading. Can't resolve!

Hi!

I can’t seam to get around this one. I already tried:

  1. modifying .htaccess file with larger memory allowance threshold’s. That just seems to crash wordpress and I have to access it via FTP to replace the document.
  2. wp-config.php had the following two lines added, but did not help:
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
  3. I tried reinstalling X, where I installed the stability release, that didn’t change any thing either.

I have a feeling it has to do with the file sizes, because I couldn’t upload the theme either as I have a 2MB limit set. I just used FTP to upload the theme. On the other hand, I tried accessing Cornerstone on a nearly empty page, I still got the same error.

Please help me out. I got a deadline 'til Friday and I can’t alter any information.

Thnx

UPDATE:
So I managed to resolve the matter on my own. Despite what other posts had discussed and tried, what I did were those three things listed above, which didn’t make a change but in addition to that:

  1. In my CPANEL under Software I selected “Select PHP Version”, I noticed I was running an older 5.3 version, so I switched it to 5.6. I know it’s not the recent one, but I have no idea what’s the most recent it can support, so didn’t wanna go overboard.

  2. In the same “Select PHP Version” I went to “Switch to PHP Options” and changed the “upload_max_filesize” to “64M.”

Now I did steps 1 and 2 at the same time, so I don’t know which one of those two made it work, but after I changed the settings - VOLIÁ! I was able to get my suffering butt back to work.

Not sure if this can help any one, but figured I’d post it if perhaps some one else may have that problem.

Cheers!

Hi there @oleddie,

Thanks for writing in and glad to hear you got this working and appreciate you sharing the solution.

It was most likely the PHP version switch that got everything working, as 5.3 is quite old, we support up to and including 7.0, though 7.1 should also working with no issues.

Thanks!

Thanks, Jack! Out of curiosity, is there an advantage of using a newer version of PHP? Likewise is there a disadvantage, except for the problem I had encountered?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please be advised that WordPress 4.7 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). In most case, this could be the cause of the issue.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.