"A conflict on the front end of the site has prevented the preview from loading"

I am having a problem with my X Pro theme builder when I try to edit my “blog” page.

It says the following:

“A conflict on the front end of the site has prevented the preview from loading”

I don’t know what the issue is, but whenever I go into “content” in the editor and select my “blog” page I want to edit it and it doesn’t work. My “Header” section works when I edit it and save it but the “blog” page won’t.

What can I do to fix this? Need this fixed ASAP!

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for writing in!

Would you mind sharing login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Yes I would be happy too, thank you Prasant! :slight_smile:

Hey there,

Sorry for the confusion. The blog page could really not be edited using the Content Builder. Custom development is required to make layout changes in the blog page but that would be outside the scope of our support.

Only single pages and posts could be edited with the Content Builder and I don’t get an error when doing so.

Thanks.

Wait what?

How come I can make changes to the Home page and not the blog page? That makes no sense.

I was able to edit the blog page just like the home page but all of a sudden it’s not working now… and now you are telling me I can’t even edit it at all?

Because it WAS working for me before until I uninstalled some plugins. I was adding elements onto the blog page with the content builder… then I loaded it up one time and it said there was a problem with the front end…

Hi,

By setting your blog page to be your posts page under Settings > Reading.

https://www.screencast.com/t/kN3YslTsyhm

The blog page will no longer be editable, instead wordpress will automatically populate that page with your posts.

This is a wordpress standard feature and is true to all wordpress themes.

If you would like it to be editable, you need to remove it as posts page under Settings Reading.

Thanks

Right now I’m getting that ‘conflict’ error message for no reason…maybe its a coding issue i don’t know…

but yeah, the blog page as set in wordpress can’t be edited.

try unsetting it as the default WP blog page (leave that setting blank) and using either shortcodes or a cornerstone piece to populate with blog posts. this way it FUNCTIONS as your blog page but you can make it look like you want.

Hi @quiphics,

Thank you for helping @JordanKilgour and sharing your ideas with us. If you’re experiencing any issue can you please create your own thread and post the issue there so we can assist you in a better way?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.