9.04 X update broke image sprites and changed css button classes

I created a backup in WPEngine, updated X to 9.04, which promptly broke image sprites on the home page and all custom css associations with buttons throughout the site. When I revert to the pre theme update version of the site, all of the “breakage” persists. Image sprites are broken, css classes were not restored to their previous values. I’m “stuck” with the updates and it creating a huge problem. Please help

Hello Jay,

Thanks for posting in! When you update the X theme to 9.0.4, please do not also forget to update Cornerstone to version 6.0.4. After the updates, please make sure to clear all your plugin caches and use private browsing mode in testing your site.

The issue may also be coming from a plugin conflict amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If none of the above is helping, we would be happy to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

I sent you a private note with admin credentials moments ago but please hold off doing anything at this time. I was able to restore an old version of the site that solved all the problems. I will work on enabling the updates in our staging site and see if I can and work from there. If I still have trouble, I will create a new post. Thank you!

No problem Jay.
If you still encounter some trouble, our support staff should be able to help you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.