9.04 Breaks Theme

Hi I’ve just upgraded to Version 9.04. After installing WP reports

NAME Description
x_package Stylesheet is missing Delete (in red)

Fortunately, I have a backup and restored the theme (8.x) and tried again. Same error

I thought you ought to know about this.

Thanks Larry

Hello @Laza999,

Thanks for writing in!

This error:

NAME Description
x_package Stylesheet is missing Delete (in red)

It could mean that you have uploaded the x_packaged.zip which is incorrect. Please unzip x_package.zip and make sure that you will be uploading the x.zip file only. By the way, you should be updating the theme through the Dashboard > Updates > Themes.

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel, Thank you for your advice. I am updating via the dashboard/updates/Themes.
I’ve never had an issue (I started my site from X version 4) so as for uploading zip files, i would not know how to do this.

At first I thought it was me that had caused the issue, but as i wrote earlier, i had restored back to V8.x and tried again with exactly the same issue.

Are you sure there is no issue with the updates?

Thanks

Hello @Laza999,

Yes, we are sure that there is no issue with the updates. Most of our users do not have any issues that you have experienced. To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your site so that we can check your theme files and site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Larry,

I believe you updated X manually. The x_package zip file is only available on Themeforest and that’s not the installable file. The installable file is inside the x_package zip file and it’s x.zip.

Anyway, I clicked on the Update Now or the Automatic Update link in Appearance > Themes and there’s no issue after that (see screenshot in the secure note).

Thanks.

Hi @christian, thank you for helping. This is very interesting because although I’m very tech-savvy I confess that I’m a newbie when it comes to updating WP and would not know how to update X manually. Nor, lol, would I know where and what file to retrieve.

Thank you for taking care of my ‘baby’ and thank you for continuing to make a top product.

regards

Larry

Hi Larry,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.