6.3.2 Udpate

Hi, When I updated from 6.2.5 to 6.3.2 many of my pages lost structure that was built in WPBakery Page Builder. The sections were condensed into a single text area, so the pages lost critical aspects of spacing/borders/margins. I have X integration enabled in the WPBakery Page Builder. Thanks, Robert www.klmlabs.com

I’ve checked your site and I’ve not seen any broken pages. Could you try clearing your cache now that you’ve enabled the X Integration setting?

I restored the website after I did the install because it made undesired changes. Would you like me to re-update so you can see the undesired changes?

How did you restore; I’m having same issue and my site is basically broken after running the update

I use the updraftplus plugin… it’s not my favorite. It won’t work if I “restore the database” so I always leave that box unchecked. The restore usually fails the first time and it makes me “delete old databases” or something like that, which I do with hesitation but then it works…

Hello @raghavannair,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To be on the safer side, I suggest you to setup a staging server and copy the website files over there and then update the website. In case any issue comes up, same can be looked at without affecting the live website. We have also released a update (X Theme 6.3.3 and Cornerstone 3.3.3) that comes with bunch of bug fixes.

https://theme.co/changelog/

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

@raghavannair Raghwan, please follow the steps mentioned in this reply and in case you face any issue, please create a new ticket to avoid any confusion and slow response time.

Thanks.

I just tried to update to 6.3.3 and the same thing happened. My pages were altered in that viewed from WPBakery Page Builder, their structure was reduced to a single text box. Luckily I was able to restore my website and it looks normal again. However, I am hesitant to install more updates with this issue repeating. Best regards.

Hi There,

We suggest that you clone your site on a staging server and update that staging first, this way your live site won’t be affected while we can troubleshoot the staging for issues that may occur.

When you updated the live site, did you try enabling the Legacy X Integration under WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General, It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to use it.

Thanks,

6.3.4 update caused the same changes to my structure. I have Legacy X Integration enabled.

Hi There,

Your version of X (6.2.5) and Cornerstone (3.3.3) is still not compatible. Please update both to the latest version (6.3.5 / 3.3.5 respectively)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Then clear your WP-Super-Cache after updating.

Thanks,

I did as instructed as still encountered the same issue.

Hello @klmlabs1,

Go to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. We are committed to keep supporting sites from the early days of X where Visual Composer was our page builder but we’ve consolidated all that integration code under one setting. It used to be enabled by default, but you will now need to opt-in to using it.

And if you already did this and did not work, please provide us your WP credentials in a secure note so that we can log in to your site and investigate. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.