500 Error with Cornerstone

Hi guys,

So I am running my server on WPEngine and I just installed the X Theme. But every time I try to access cornerstone, I get a 500 error. WPE support sent me this error log:

16 PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method WPSEO_Frontend::get_instance() in /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/integrations/conflict-resolution.php:38\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: Cornerstone_Integration_Conflict_Resolution->front_end(’’)\n#1 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)\n#3 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#4 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/app/class-app.php(21): do_action(‘cornerstone_bef…’)\n#5 [internal function]: Cornerstone_App->load(’’)\n#6 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#7 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)\n#8 /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-includes/plugin.php in /nas/content/live/mdssstaging/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/integrations/conflict-resolution.php on line 38

Thanks!

Hello @ckswebmedia,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

It looks like the error is causing because of Yoast SEO plugin. Can you please try deactivating Yoast SEO and check whether or not Cornerstone loads on your end? At the same time can you please let us know the version of Yoast SEO you are running on the website?

Thanks.

Welp that seemed to fix the problem. But later on I will need to have Yeost activated again. I am using Version 1.1.3 of the plugin “Local SEO for WordPress SEO by Yoast”

Thanks,

M.

Additionally, Yoast works with this plug in: “Wordpress SEO” Version 1.5.4.2. Needs to work together with Yoast.

Ok so I updated all the plugins for Yoast and now it all works. Thanks!!

Hello @ckswebmedia,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

Yes, running old version of plugins can cause compatibility issues. I hope everything is sorted now. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.