500 Error when deleting coupon codes/products (issue with helper.php)

When I try to delete a coupon or product the site gives me a 500 error. I have spoken to the web hosting guys and they identified the helper.php file as being the issue. Not sure if it’s related but woocommerce products cannot find coupon codes either when they clearly exist. Thanks for assisting!

www.mattkruminsphotography.com.au

@mattkrum

Could you try updating to the latest version of X? We fixed a PHP warning in the helper.php file. I don’t know how that would have caused a fatal error with the checkout though. Did they give any more information about how X is breaking the checkout? We’re not seeing any other cases like this. After updating, let us know if you’re still having trouble.

Thanks Alexander, it’s not breaking the checkout it’s erroring when I’m in the back end. If I try to delete a coupon or a product it gives me a 500 error. As an additional glitch if I try and add a coupon to a product in the backend (product section) it can’t find any coupons even known they exist. I believe I am on the latest version of X (5.2.3)?

The latest X is 5.2.4 (released today).

After updating, I would try to see if the error is still there. If it is, you could ask your host to check the logs again. They might see what’s going on. I have a bit more info on the the PHP Warning in helpers.php. It was happening when a user hits a 404 page and Revolution Slider is active. I’m pretty sure it’s irrelevant to the discount code issue you’re having.

We wouldn’t mind checking the logs as well for you. Here’s a guide to enable debug logging: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG_LOG

Thanks Alexander, it appears to be fixed after updating both the theme and cornerstone. I also purged my Lightspeed Cache. Coupon issue with Woocommerce still exists but I’ll message them to help. Thanks again

Ok, glad to hear that error is going away. In regards to the coupon issue, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.