5 months of trying to update from 4.6.4 to 5.1.1 results in errors everytime

I give up. I’ve followed all the guides to clearing the cache, deploying to staging, updating and checking all is okay layout-wise. Then, when I push to production, the layout falls apart. Each time the layouts get wonky. For example, a typical Cornerstone Row layout of 1/4+1/2+1/4 goes vertical versus horizontal like the row normally should. My hosting is through wpengine and I use CloudFlare. I’d really like to get my theme updated. I own 5 licenses and it’s only gone wonky with this particular site. Please let me know what you need so that I can resolve this. It’s been 5 months of trying to update when I have time.

Hi @silostar,

Thanks for writing in.

In this case, please share us your admin credentials so we could try updating your setup.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note and please backup your setup so we could try updating or doing something on your setup.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Before we further continue, please turn off CSS and Javascript minification in your CloudFlare’s Speed section. That’s one of the reasons why the layout and javascript breaks.

And please provide your CloudFlare login credentials as well, it’s very important to me to clear the caches on every test I make. And you should only activate any optimization/cache once you’re 100% sure that your site is working after development and migration.

Thanks!

Okay - it’s off. and I turned the cache off via development mode. It’ll be off for 3 hours. Cache can be cleared in WP tab in wordpress.

Hi There,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. We would love to help you solved this but we need to check the actual updated site that is using latest theme version with the issue. Since this a live site and the issue only happens here on this live site, would it be possible to add maintenance mode on your site while we’re checking?

Yes, I have the x theme maintenance mode installed. please do so.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Your X theme has been updated already. It is now X 5.1.1. Before you test your site, please do this things:
1.) Please login to your CloudFlare account and purge everything. The JS and CSS in the Speed tab should not be enabled. For best recommended CloudFlare settings, please check this tip: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

2.) Please login to your WordPress Dashboard and clear the WP Engine cache.
3.) Deactivate the Under Construction plugin.
4.) Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Resolved!! :tada: Thank you!

You are most welcome!