403 permission error? Unformatted dashboard, errors for every page, can't edit but website seems to be working

Hello, I logged into my site today to update some pages and was met with a dashboard that was unformatted and clicking on any page returned a 403 error, however, the website seems to be working ok, when I visit it from a browser as a visitor, just not working on the backend as an admin or editor?

Hi Merritte,

Thanks for reaching out.
There might be some different reasons behind your reason, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1. Theme Related Issue
  2. Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update related issue
  4. Child Theme Related issue ** if you have activated it.
  5. CSS/JS Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
I would also request to activate any default theme like TwentyTwenty and check if the issue exists or not, if that exists it means the problem is not related to the Pro. You may need to contact your Hosting Service provider on this.

If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I attempted to use your remedies and I couldn’t get the issue resolved, particularly because I can’t really use my dashboard because I get 403 locked out of everything, please see secure note, thank you for all your help!

Hello @Merritte,

Please check out this article to get your issue resolved:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.