403 Cookie nonce is invalid

When trying to save edits to page content with Cornerstone, I am getting a 403 response, error message “Cookie nonce is invalid”, on the route /wp-json/themeco/data/save?_locale=user

I’ve disabled all plugins and even changed my theme back to Twenty Twenty default with no success.

Here is my setup:

• X theme 8.3.3
  • Cornerstone 5.3.3,
  • WP 5.7.2
  • PHP 7.4

Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Hi @clevyr,

Thanks for reaching out!

We now use the WordPress Rest API for saving and it looks like your web host does not support it. Please ask your web host to support WordPress Rest API or whitelist the URL below.

/wp-json/themeco/data/save?_locale=user

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

@marc_a Thank you! I’ve sent this to them. They have confirmed the rest api is enabled but they are noticing an error in the logs.

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/tco/class-tco-updates.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/www/wp-content/pear') in /www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/tco/tco.php on line 40 

I believe this is referring to the API key being unverified but it shows that my license key is verified. Any ideas?

Hey @clevyr,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate further. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel attaching the secure note here…the user in the note has access to edit the site.

Hello @clevyr,

You must have done something because when I edited your about page, I have successfully saved my changes.

Please check the page and see what I mean. You can remove the section afterward.

Hi, this is specifically on the Homepage. The About page and Contact page work just fine. Can you try there? Thank you!

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for the credentials, but we cant troubleshoot it properly at the moment, it keeps logging out, it seems someone is working on the site at the moment.

For now, I will advise reinstalling the WordPress, X, and Cornerstone to make sure these are clean and no corrupted files.

Then audit the content of your homepage, if this issue is only happening on the homepage, then you might have put something on the homepage, that is not native to the builder, it could be a custom script, 3rd party shortcode, or something.

Another test, try to unset your home page as the homepage on Settings > Reading and see if that saves the homepage.

If all else fails, we might advise rebuilding this page.

Let us know how it goes,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.